Welcome to InteRNA Technologies
miRNA therapeutics for cancer
One of the fastest moving fields in today's biomedical research concerns small non-coding RNAs in general and microRNA (miRNA) in particular. As insights into the role of these RNA species in health and disease are emerging at high speed, so are the opportunities for developing new diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic applications.
InteRNA Technologies is a Dutch drug discovery and development company engaged in the development of novel breakthrough cancer therapies based on the unique functions of its proprietary miRNAs.
Previously undrugable targets now targetable
miRNAs provide a natural form of transcriptional interference, repressing protein function. In contrast to small molecules and biologics (like antibodies and siRNA), that hit just one single target, miRNAs can exert a "pleiotropic effect" as 1 miRNA regulates many targets in a network/pathway. As such, miRNAs represent a new class of drugs with a new mode of action. This unique pleiotropic feature of miRNAs allows for targeting of previously undrugable targets, and to increase the sensitivity and/ or decrease the resistance (development) to current drugs on the market.
With cancer becoming a chronic disease, resistance development is a huge problem in today's practice of cancer patient treatment. Although for some recently approved cancer drugs response rates are high, their therapeutic effect is only short lived.
And based on the fact that cancer is a multifactorial disease, miRNA therapeutics, through their new mode of action, provide the opportunity to address the high medical need in diverse cancer indications.
InteRNA well equipped to move quickly towards the clinic
InteRNA's drug development programs aim at developing miRNA-based therapeutics that control genes connected in signal transduction pathways and biological processes that are known to play a role in cancer initiation, progression and metastasis.
InteRNA identified the function of multiple miRNAs in a number of cancer indications through functional screens, using its proprietary lentiviral-based miRNA expression library, which is the largest currently available.
With the Company's proprietary miRNA expression database (generated through deep sequencing) and additional technologies (like RNAseq, PAR-CLIP, bioinformatics, in vivo models) in place to identify the downstream regulated proteins for each miRNA drug candidate, the Company is well equipped to move its novel drug candidates with their biomarkers quickly towards the clinic.
- InteRNA Technologies, UCB and University of Bonn to collaborate on the role of microRNAs in neurodegenerative disease
- MiRacle Consortium led by InteRNA Technologies and VU University Medical Center Along with Quiet Therapeutics Receives a € 1.2 million FP7 Grant from the European Union
- InteRNA Technologies partner in €11.5 Million EU Framework Program 7 funded EpimiRNA consortium to uncover the effects of microRNA in Epilepsy
- InteRNA Technologies also receives notice of allowance for its melanoma lead compound miRNA-3157 in Australia
- InteRNA Technologies and SomantiX obtain a MIT R&D collaboration grant from AgentschapNL, an agency of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs
- New paper by InteRNA and its R&D collaborator Amsterdam VU Medical Center (Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery) appearing in Clinical Cancer Research on the identification of lethal miRNAs specific for head and neck cancer.
- InteRNA’s R&D collaboration partner UMC St. Radboud receives grant from Stichting voor de Technische Wetenschappen
- March 4-5, 2014: Presentation & participation in the Oncology Panel at the 7th Annual European Life Science CEO Forum Partnering and Investing in Biotech and Pharma Industry, Zurich, Switzerland
- November 18-19, 2013: Oligonucleotide & Peptide Based Therapeutics Congress, San Diego, USA
- November 17-20, 2013: 10th International Meeting of the Society for Melanoma Research, Philadelphia, USA
- November 4-6, 2013: BIO-Europe, Vienna, Austria
InteRNA will be very pleased to meet you during these events. For appointments or more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org